My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 19 November 2010

    Morning Sickness

    My first trimester with Jude was amazing. I remember feeling wonderful, healthy, glowing. I couldn't believe how perfect my pregnancy was and I gloated in my good fortune.

    This week marked the 7th week of this pregnancy, and the onset of morning sickness. Mostly I have just been feeling off all day, that same feeling you get when you eat one more piece of pizza than you should have.

    Yesterday, however, was a different story. I woke up feeling terrible and couldn't roll out of bed until 11am. I did get up to vomit, but crawled straight back to bed again. Thankfully I felt better in the afternoon.

    Last night I took some muesli bars to bed with me and munched them through the night, so I was feeling ok this morning but then we went on a longish drive and being cooped up in the car made me feel quite bad again. So I spent the rest of the afternoon feeling off.

    The other thing about this pregnancy that was absent in my first trimester with Jude is constant fatigue. I don't have the luxury of being able to rest when I want to now I have a 2 year old to chase around, so I wonder if that is the difference.

    No comments: