My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 17 January 2011

    Jude sprouts wings.

    Now that all my photos reside on my phone, I figure it's time to start blogging from my phone. This means my posts should be full of sometimes entertaining, usually confusing, auto-completions. And here we go:

    While we wait for the countdown to our 19 week scan, the one where we learn the gender of the bun in the oven, Jude is currently going through an amazing learning spurt that I find so exciting to witness.

    The other day he made, unmade and remade dinosaur figures out of megablocks. The exact same figures each time. At an age where he can draw blobs and paint stripes, suddenly creating 4-legged dinosaurs out of blocks has really surprised me.

    He has stated using the toilet and potty with little trouble, his speech is developing in leaps and bounds, and he had suddenly become very social when he was such a shy little boy before Christmas.

    On the slightly negative side, in the last 2 weeks he suddenly became afraid of the dark and needs a lamp in his room, a night-light isn't enough. He also insisted we took the posters off his walls because he was scared of them. At night he points out the window and says it's too dark. Clearly his imagination has run wild.

    Whatever is happening, I'd love to be able to see the synapses forming in his beautiful, fascinating brain.

    No comments: