My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 27 March 2011

    Going it alone

    Some days, like this one, I need someone to call on. Someone to take Jude away from me, if just for a few hours. Many people (increasingly fewer) have family close enough to be able to help out on those days when everything is too much. Our closest family live about 900km away. Not exactly close enough to come to the rescue.

    I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Between pregnancy symptoms and Jude's recent spate of very bad sleep patterns, I am really feeling the impact of sleep deprivation. So when I gave Jude a cup of milk and he knocked it over on to the floor, and then threw the 2nd cup of milk I gave him on the floor, I really couldn't stop myself from shouting at him and wishing he'd vanish and leave me the hell alone.

    It's not a great feeling, as a mum, to wish your child was anywhere but home. I'm sure I'm not the first to feel this way and I won't be the last, but where is help when I need it?

    2 comments:

    Tanya said...

    I'm feeling very alone too. It's so hard without family around to help.

    Eliza said...

    Oh Tanya, I can't imagine your loneliness. It must be overwhelming.