My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 16 November 2011

    Nan's funeral.

    Nanna died. It happened quite quickly. She was 94 years old.

    It was quite difficult to explain to Jude. I told him nanny went to sleep and she would never wake up again (which is how it happened). He said "nanny's dreaming", which I thought was a lovely interpretation.

    Lilac is only 5 months old and has already attended her first funeral. It's a bit sad for me to think she won't ever remember Nan. Jude will, he loved nanny. That's why I took him to the funeral. I had to take Lilac, and I absolutely didn't want to exclude Jude.

    I think people enjoyed having the new generation there. It reminds us of the cycle of life. Auntie Joy held Lilac for ages (that's auntie Joy holding Lilac in the picture, I don't have a photo of Nan on my phone).

    I wrote a short impression of my life with Nan and read it at the funeral. While I was speaking and crying, Jude came up and gave my hand a squeeze. He then found a candle lighter and pretended it was a phone. Everyone laughed.

    Nan would have laughed and called him cheeky.

    No comments: