My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 5 May 2009

    Tricks to cheer up a grumpy baby

    I wish I had discovered these little tricks earlier, but I only just stumbled on them now that Jude is nearly 7 months old.

    When he is grumpy (not crying or distraught), I can cheer him up instantly by blowing a gentle puff of air on his hair above his forehead. It must tickle him, but he forgets he's in a bad mood and starts smiling and babbling. It's such a wonderful trick.

    The other means of instant entertainment is a little harder to describe. I draw a circle in air just above his face and then beep him softly on the nose. He thinks it's hilarious and forgets about having a grump so he can have a laugh instead.

    I wonder how much younger he was when these tricks would have started working. If only I'd known them sooner.

    No comments: