My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 21 January 2011

    Days Like This

    You would not believe the day I am having... Unless you have a child, in which case you might.

    Despite having done several small wees on the potty just before lunch, Jude decided in the middle of eating his toasted sandwich to release a great waterfall of fluid from his bladder. Thankfully I had just moved him from the padded booster seat back to his plastic highchair so he could see better, and the urine all landed on his plastic splash mat. After lunch, I stealthily moved all offending articles (including Jude) to the laundry and cleaned them down one by one.

    Now, lately Jude has been pooing about 10 minutes into his midday nap. It interrupts his sleep and makes our afternoon somewhat hellish, so I am desperately trying to coax him with bribery to poo on the potty before he goes to sleep. Today I tried extra hard, reading him a story and entertaining him for quite some time while he sat on his potty before bed. He did not poo. Eventually I put him in bed, taking advantage of the narrow window of peace while my neighbour was eating lunch, and therefore not banging loudly outside Jude's window while he attempts to renovate his garage.

    20 minutes later I heard a squawk from Jude's room and went to investigate. There was Jude, half naked. Poo-filled nappy dumped unceremoniously on his bed. Brown streaks across his room. Argh!

    I ran a bath and dumped Jude in it while I hastily set to cleaning up his room, but I knew it was getting rather hopeless. It wouldn't be long before the neighbour finished lunch. My window was closing. So after his bath, I took Jude to our bed and tried to settle him.

    I think it probably took me an hour. I was, meantime, building some Ikea furniture on the floor of our bedroom and firmly encouraging Jude to sleep, but he has never been good at sleeping anywhere but his bed. The fact that it took me only an hour shows just how tired he was.

    I haven't finished cleaning up the poo yet, but I needed a break. The neighbour is back to banging and crashing, which isn't great for the violent pregnancy headache I've been sporting since last night. Also, Jude in my bed means I can't have the lie down I so desperately need.

    Oh well, who has time for a lie down? There's poo to clean.

    1 comment:

    Tanya said...

    Maya started taking her nappy off during every sleep. In the end my solution was to put her in onesies that button up over her nappy. Thankfully they have size 2 onesies!