My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 31 January 2011

    My birthday this year

    Today was my 34th birthday, but more importantly 1 year since Jude suffered terrible burns from a simple cup of hot tea.

    We decided to make January 31st International Hot-Drink-Free day, and drank iced tea and other cold drinks, enjoying a very hot day at a tea tree lake in lennox head with a lovely picnic lunch.

    It was such a perfect day. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed my birthday so much, and it was really the first birthday I've shared happily with Jude.

    Jude actually thought it was a giggle to learn that mummy has a birthday, too. He then joined in and sung "happy birthday to mummy", and was particularly excited to share my chocolate cake.

    What a wonderful memory on top of another, deeply embedded, memory of a much darker day in my birthday history.

    No comments: