My latest tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 13 February 2011

    Introducing...

    To me the sweetest sound right now is Jude saying his baby sister's name, Lilac.

    Following Friday's scan, we have firm confirmation that our baby is a girl as we have always believed. This is beautiful news.

    I'm thrilled that my little boy, Jude, will always be my one-and-only little boy, and that we have the opportunity to have a beautiful little girl in our lives as well. I cherish our good fortune with our children and take none of it for granted.

    Ever since she was conceived, our little Lilac has given me strong indications of her existence. The day after I ovulated I developed a sharp metallic taste that couldn't be disguised or ignored. My first trimester was filled with morning sickness, I am constantly tired, I wake up at 4am for no reason and can't get back to sleep, I am constipated, hot, exhausted, breathless and thirsty at all times but all of it is because my little girl exists and I am thrilled.

    Lilac, by the way, is my favourite colour and is also a flowering tree that lines the streets of Spokane Washington, the city where my husband is originally from in the USA. Ever since I first suggested the name, a mere week or so after Lilac was conceived, we have loved the name. But now that we have official confirmation of our baby's gender, it has all clicked into place and we feel strongly connected with our unborn baby girl.

    No comments: